My Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis Clients
I work as a therapist in Vancouver with people from all walks of life including:
- Young people and old people
- Men and women
- Lesbians and gay men
- Technical or professional people
- Executives and business owners
- Artists, musicians, dancers, and actors
I have helped hundreds of people during my three decades of practicing as a psychotherapist and psychoanalyst. There likely isn’t any problem that you have that hasn’t been brought to me by a client before.
The problems I work with typically fall into one of the following three categories:
- Stress, anxiety, and fear
- Grief, depression, or feelings of numbness
- Relationship struggles and pain
Overcome Anxiety and Have a Full Life
If you suffer from ongoing anxiety, you know that it can take over your entire life. It can affect everything you do from the moment you wake up until you go to bed. And, you rarely sleep peacefully.
Symptoms of Anxiety:
- You worry and fret about what could or might happen.
- You’re distracted by your anxiety. It’s hard to focus and make decisions.
- Your fears prevent you from socializing, going out or moving forward in your life.
- You can’t sleep at night. Or, sometimes you wake up terrified.
- Your fears are sometimes irrational. You know they don’t make sense, yet you can’t stop them.
- You may have panic attacks where your heart races and your breathing becomes fast.
As your therapist, I can help you reduce your worry, and sometimes even eliminate your anxious feelings. I’ll help you become more aware of your anxiety triggers and resolve the source of your worries.
You can live more in the here and now. You will feel more at peace. Your thoughts will be more positive. You can channel your energy in more productive directions.
We will use mindfulness meditation techniques that are proven to help calm your mind, stop the negative chatter, and feel more at ease.
Heal Grief or Depression; Feel More Optimistic
Depression can be due to a specific situation. For example: a relationship breakup, the loss of a job, moving, and the death of a close family member, friend, or pet.
Depression can also be chronic. You might not know when it started. It seems like it’s been with you forever. It can feel like a dark cloud is constantly hanging over you, weighing you down.
Symptoms of Depression:
- You lack motivation and energy.
- On some mornings, you don’t want to get out of bed.
- Some days you feel numb. You don’t feel anything.
- You are distracted by pessimistic or negative thoughts.
- You cry a lot. The sadness never seems to end.
- You don’t have an appetite. Or, perhaps you overeat to make yourself feel better.
Whether your depression is due to a specific situation or has been with you for years, there is always hope for healing. In our therapy work, we will get at the core of your problems and help you to understand why and how your depression began.
As a psychoanalytic psychologist, I will help you heal wounds from the past that are causing you to be depressed now.
As you gain insight and improve your self-esteem, you will feel more hopeful and optimistic about your future.
Have More Harmonious Relationships
You may be struggling in a current relationship or hurting from a past relationship. You may want help breaking relationship patterns that are causing you pain and turmoil, preventing you from being happy in a relationship.
- Your relationships are painful. You want the hurt to stop.
- You are unhappy in your current relationship.
- You know that you do things in relationships that aren’t good for you or your partner, and yet you’re unable to change your behavior.
- You seem to always choose the wrong person and then you don’t get what you want.
- You feel unworthy of love.
- You are lonely. You want a relationship, yet can’t seem to find one that meets your needs.
- You fear that you might be alone forever.
Even if you feel a bit hopeless right now, negative relationship patterns can be overcome. I’ll help you gain insight into these patterns, by exploring their origins.
We will look at why you are not attracting the people that will love and respect you the way you deserve.
We can heal the hurt from the past, and help you make more conscious choices in the partners you choose – or make better choices with the partner you currently have.
You can be happier and more fulfilled.
Hourly rate $250 per session.